Point Reyes Station Hub
We’ve leased office space in the old Livery Stable in Point Reyes Station and have opened our first Charging Hub in the parking spaces right outside the doors.
How to Charge
The level-2 J-1772 charger is free to use. Just plug in.
The Level-3 CHAdeMO charger is now free too. To activate use the Sunspeed/ Greenlots RFID card on a chain toward the left side of the charger.
The Level-2 pay-to-charge unit we had malfunctioned, so it’s been temporarily replaced with a non-commercial unit until the charger with credit card reader arrives.
The level-3 charger has had intermittent connectivity issues that prevented remote access. Rather than leave drivers stranded, we’ll let drivers charge for free until the new charger is installed. We expect to upgrade the CHAdeMO charger with a CHAdeMO/SAE-Combo charger that will also accept standard credit cards. We have received the replacement chargers and plan to install them within the next two weeks. We will resume pay-for-charge at that point.
To start, we have installed a single Level-2 charger and 20Kw Level-3 Charger with CHAdeMO connector which can charge a Leaf to 80% in less than an hour. Phase II would replace this Fast Charger with a more powerful one that could charge a Leaf in less than 20 minutes and would have both CHAdeMO and SAE Combo connectors.
Phase I of the project
- Level-3 DC Fast Charging (480V) 20Kw Single CHAdeMO Connector
- Level-2 AC Medium Speed Charging (240V) SAE J-1772 Connector
- Accepts Smart Credit Cards, Greenlots RFID cards, QR code payment, and phone payments
Phase II of the project – Coming soon.
- Upgraded Level-3 DC Fast Charger to Dual CHAdeMo/SAE connectors.
- Upgraded Level-2 7.2 KWcharger that accepts standard credit cards, Greenlots RFID cards, QR code payment, and phone payments.
While you’re waiting…
There are quite a few places to eat and drink within walking distance of our Charging Hub. Here’s a list with links to their websites where available.
- Tomales Bay Foods – Cowgirl Creamery and Cantina, for cheese tours and deli.
- Pine Cone Diner – Open breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast is a specialty.
- Bovine Bakery – Organic coffee and fresh organic, handmade pastries.
- Toby’s Coffee Bar – Organic teas, treats, and coffees
- Osteria Stellina – Point Reyes Italian with an unwavering commitment to local organic products. Open lunch and dinner.
- Station House Cafe – Open breakfast, lunch, and dinner with live music on Sundays at 5pm and a great outdoor garden.
- Whale of a Deli – Good deli for sandwiches, mexican food, and more.
- Cafe Reyes – Wood fired pizza and a nice deck.
- Old Western Saloon – Drinks served in a classic old western bar.
The video below shows where to eat and drink nearby, places to refresh while recharging.
Where to go around Point Reyes Station